Monday, June 29, 2009

Update and Prayer Requests

Hi All!
We had a meeting with a surgeon this morning, and have some very specific prayer requests I would like to pass on.  I am so scared, but know God's in control, and this is my only comfort.  
I severed the tendon that helps me walk and the tendon that controls my big toe.  I also *quite possibly* severed a major artery, but he won't know until he goes in and looks.  (if you are wondering what happened, see the post below :)
Surgery will either be Wednesday or Thursday this week.  

Praises:
1)  That we discovered this sooner than later.  The sooner that tendons are reconstructed or reattached the better chance they have of working right again.
2) That no nerves were damaged.  This is huge.  Praise God!!!
3)  That the boys will be taken care of this week and weekend.  Lawson's sister and parents are taking them to the mountains for the 4th, leaving Tues night and coming back Sun. 
4)  That I will only have to be in a cast 6-8 weeks vs. 4 months, as originally thought!  With physical therapy after that.

Specific Prayer Requests:
** That we choose the right surgeon**  We have a meeting with another one in the morning.  We had one today and liked him and he has scheduled surgery for Thurs.  The one we meet tomorrow has surgery scheduled for Wednesday.
1) That the tendons would be "stretchy" enough still to work properly again.  The longer they stay severed, the less likely they will work right.
2)  That the doctor's hand would be divinely guided throughout the whole proceedure.
3)  That I would regain complete mobility in my foot again, and not walk with a "dead" foot.  The foot drags now, and if the tendon that works this part of the foot can't be re-attached properly, then, well, that's bad.  This is my biggest fear.
4)  That the Lord would give me peace.  My heart is racing a mile a minute as I type this e-mail.
5)  That the Lord would give Lawson complete patience with me, as I will be completely helpless on crutches for the next 6-8 weeks, without driving.  
6)   That our driving needs would be met.  
Thank you so much for praying.  
In His love, 
Katie

11 comments:

sallyc said...

Katie- This is overwhelming news. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

Katie, I'm so sorry to hear about your foot. I wish I lived closer to you so I could help with your driving. Please let us know if there's anything your "faraway" friends can do. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Alicia said...

We will be praying for you! If you need a driver, and I'm serious, Grace and I are usually always available!

The Emersons

gina said...

i am praying for you katie!!

gina

(ginamaxinephotography.com)

Tamara said...

Katie, I am so sorry to hear about this. You will be in our prayers!!

MariaH said...

Prayers are going out to you and your family Katie!

klpierce said...

Prayers for you and your family, Katie. I'm so sorry!

Julie said...

Katie,
I'm praying for you and your upcoming surgery. I had my knee torn apart in a motorcycle accident 3 years ago so I know some of the fun in surgery, recovery and then the (very painful) physical therapy! I had a wedding scheduled to shoot the weekend after the accident that I had to find someone else to photograph, and I missed my daughters first day of Kindergarten. :-(

My prayers are with you and your family!

Liz P said...

Oh my goodness Katie! What a crazy thing to have happen. I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers, that the surgery is a success and you have a speedy recovery.

Sending many good vibes and hugs your way. Good luck on the surgery.

Dana said...

Prayers said for you and your family, Katie. May you receive many blessings during your recovery. Please let us know how the surgery went.

I wish I was closer to be of service to you and your family. If i can help in any way, let me know.

Unknown said...

definitely! We're all thinking about you. I'm sooo sorry you're having to deal with this too.